Daily Check In December 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 8, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:11 am

Good morning, starting us off as I need to get some coffee first. Think I will skip my binding pill this week need coffee too badly to wait a half hour after.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 8, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Busy day ahead trying to get everything caught up. Not only do I have meat to process, I also have a Cricut to set up. For that I need to clean an area off beside my computer to make room for it. Not an easy task. I think eventually I will have to break down and buy an inexpensive laptop for the sewing/craft room so as to be able to use more patterns with my embroidery machine and have this lovely item in that room as well.

It is going to be a rather tough month. I am already over for monthly groceries according to the budget line. I do hope that what I bought does last awhile. I don't like the ground beef they sell at Costco so I do know that is one expense still to be added to my groceries (would like some stew meat as well). Could be a very expensive month!

Hubby found me the ice cleats for the bottom of my shoes at Costco. So I will at least be able to get outside for short walks very soon. I will have to be removing the cleats from my shoes though and putting them back on when I use them. Frugal outside walks will be starting very soon.

Meat needs to be cut and wrapped or vacuum sealed where possible. I have the cuts in the fridge right now, but will start to place them in the freezer in a bit. Partially frozen is good, fully frozen not so good. I find it very hard to cut or get out of the containers.

I broke down and bought some fabric yesterday. Not much actually but enough to get another 6 infinity scarves out of (at least I hope to get 6). This fabric is a bit fancier than my scrap leftover knit fabrics, and will be a nice dressy change.

Cleaning, sewing/knitting will take up the rest of the day. I love it when I have days where I can just stick very close to home.

I also need to make a phone call for a hair cut. I have been putting it off for far too long. My side swept bangs are falling in my eyes. Time to get something done (just hate the cost). I think my stylist (used to be one of my youth group and noon hour kids) is going to be surprised to see me again so soon after the last cut.

So there you have my day. Nothing truly exciting happening, just my regular, everyday schedule.

Supper tonight won't be what is on the menu. I have leftover chicken and rice as well as salad in the fridge. I will be using that up first.

Today I am grateful for the little poncho I am wearing over my shoulders. It keeps me toasty warm.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:10 am

Good morning Jackie and everyone to follow ...

It's 19, but no rain/snow in sight. (Kitty, why do furnaces fall apart during cold snaps?)

Anyway, did get a few things out of the way, or partially out of the way yesterday. (Meaning I did get some of the decorations on the big tree and on the mantle.) DH wanted to go out to a HS basketball game last night, so we had a small road trip.

Today, another dinner with relatives (my family is feeling social this year, LOL). Another chance to distribute some old photos. Otherwise, I'll see what else I can accomplish.

Jackie, sounds like you did pretty good on your shopping trip overall ....

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:14 am

Good morning. It is very overcast and cold here 22 F with a wind chill of 11 F. I do not think it is going to warm up more than to 32 F so I am staying in and staying home.

I found my tree stand and will be able to put my tree up today. With it being so dark outside and with the drapes closed it will be easy to see where I am placing the lights. I am going to build a fire in the fireplace and play Christmas music...I have leftovers for lunch and dinner so no cooking and can devote myself to decorating.. I am really behind this year.

Have a good and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 am

Good morning all!

Well the day came when I made the appointment to see the opthalmologist regarding the narrowing angles in my eyes which is actually called acute angle glaucoma. I got lost thanks to my GPS, but finally found the office. The doctor wasn't what I was expecting based on his name not that that means anything. He measured the angles and showed me a diagram of what happens as you age. He told me that despite the fact that one of my eyes had been diagnosed with it decades ago (when I was first told about it) that it wasn't a problem at that point but much more serious now as pressure could build up in the eye destroying the nerve endings which don't repair themselves. The end result is blindness.

The treatment is the creation of microscopic holes done by laser in the top and bottom portion of the eye so that the fluid drains keeping the pressure from building. He did say that it was extremely rare, but some people still experience the pressure after the treatment at which point they use drops to treat it. He then went on to explain the procedure.

While I'm terrified of the procedure because I virtually have only one eye that I can read (and drive) with, I'm more terrified at the prospect of going blind. I'm going to have to have it done in both eyes. I made the appointments for this spring because I hate making appointments in the winter because of the weather. This hopefully also will give me some time to build up my courage.

Can't believe how quickly this year seemed to have gone by. Where did all those years go. I'm looking forward to going to see "A Christmas Carol" at the dinner theater on the 20th and I will go out to eat on Christmas. New year's eve is a nothing for me, I'll be in bed long before midnight. I will go to breakfast on New Year's Day.

Tried a new coloring project this week using gel pens. There ismuch I have to learn about using them, but it came out OK I guess. The picture was very intricate and I had to use a small magnifying glass to stay within the lines. I'm still trying to decide if I need to add more to one of the ornaments. I added color to the top of one but it didn't come out the way I had expected. Oh well, a learning experience.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday movies; I know I am.

Oh well, going to go make my salads for the next couple of days. Have a great week if I don't get back here.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 am

LogicsHere wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 am
Good morning all!

Well the day came when I made the appointment to see the opthalmologist regarding the narrowing angles in my eyes which is actually called acute angle glaucoma. I got lost thanks to my GPS, but finally found the office. The doctor wasn't what I was expecting based on his name not that that means anything. He measured the angles and showed me a diagram of what happens as you age. He told me that despite the fact that one of my eyes had been diagnosed with it decades ago (when I was first told about it) that it wasn't a problem at that point but much more serious now as pressure could build up in the eye destroying the nerve endings which don't repair themselves. The end result is blindness.

The treatment is the creation of microscopic holes done by laser in the top and bottom portion of the eye so that the fluid drains keeping the pressure from building. He did say that it was extremely rare, but some people still experience the pressure after the treatment at which point they use drops to treat it. He then went on to explain the procedure.

While I'm terrified of the procedure because I virtually have only one eye that I can read (and drive) with, I'm more terrified at the prospect of going blind. I'm going to have to have it done in both eyes. I made the appointments for this spring because I hate making appointments in the winter because of the weather. This hopefully also will give me some time to build up my courage.

Can't believe how quickly this year seemed to have gone by. Where did all those years go. I'm looking forward to going to see "A Christmas Carol" at the dinner theater on the 20th and I will go out to eat on Christmas. New year's eve is a nothing for me, I'll be in bed long before midnight. I will go to breakfast on New Year's Day.

Tried a new coloring project this week using gel pens. There ismuch I have to learn about using them, but it came out OK I guess. The picture was very intricate and I had to use a small magnifying glass to stay within the lines. I'm still trying to decide if I need to add more to one of the ornaments. I added color to the top of one but it didn't come out the way I had expected. Oh well, a learning experience.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday movies; I know I am.

Oh well, going to go make my salads for the next couple of days. Have a great week if I don't get back here.
Logistics my Mom had the same problem with her eyes and after the procedure she did not have any problems.. I know it is scary when it comes to your eyes.. I am sure it will go well..((hug)). Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama