Daily Check-In, Tuesday April 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Daily Check-In, Tuesday April 16, 2019

Post by LWolfT » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:52 am

Good morning!

Jackie, relieved to hear your good news. I believe if I were in your place, I'd go with the surgery, too.

So terribly sad about the fire at Notre Dame ... it really is a wonder that the entire structure wasn't lost.

Right now, it's a lovely sunny day and supposed to be in the mid-70s. Been a bit of a roller-coaster on temps, but that's spring.

Hit the jackpot on yellow stickers at the grocery's bakery yesterday. So we're set on bread and lunch snacks/dessert for a while.

Today, I may get into the garden for a bit of cleanout. Told DH no more free mulch from the city ... just too much trash in the last batch. DH will be out at the baseball fields this evening, so dinner will be warm up whatever leftovers ...

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In, Tuesday April 16, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a bit this morning probably because I was plumb tuckered out by last night.

I will need to get my rear in gear very soon and get a few things done if I want to have fun this afternoon sewing some patterns. I am going to get as much accomplished as I can before this operation as I have heard the recuperation time is about 6 weeks. Told Hubby if the garden planting isn't all done I will be sitting and getting him to do the lifting (someone told me no bending either...) as I will want all my plants done so I can actually enjoy them.

I also want to get a few more meals prepared and in the freezer. Hubby is really a pretty good cook, but at this time of the year I would more than likely be eating BBQ every night.

While at Costco yesterday we looked at laptops, there were a couple of good deals, but we could not find anyone to help us. I plan on taking a look at a couple of other places before making a decision, I have lots of time before I need to do so. Got to get the sewing/craft room cleaned up a bit before we can move this setup in there and get something very nice and much smaller for in here.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. I plan on getting some of the chores from yesterday (left them to get done over the next few days) done. I am also starting to use up the bits and bobs of yarn leftover. Making these squares could take awhile as I am going to make them a bit smaller than the last batch I made.

My exercise will be walking on the treadmill this morning, and perhaps a walk to get the mail from yesterday.

Meals will as usual be made here at home out of what is on hand (shopping for groceries, supplements, pet supplies and such will take place on Thursday). Using up what I can in the crisper.

I also hope to do some decluttering today and to get to the library at some point this morning if possible. I have finished getting rid of cookbooks (just two left to go through and see if there is anything interesting) and my bags of donations are getting piled up so those should be gone as well.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover pork made into a stir fry. I usually make way too much so part of this will be frozen to be used after surgery. Serving this over rice.

Today I am grateful that my long journey to answers is finally complete.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 am

Good morning all.

Jackie, I hope that you got a well-deserved rest last night.

I’m very sad about Notre Dame de Paris. I’m glad that parts of the structure have been saved. I visited there 30 years ago but did not attend a service. A friend posted a photo on Facebook of herself in the rafters of the cathedral (special tour I guess) and it showed the tremendous amount of wood.

It is unseasonably cool here and that is a good thing. Yesterday was gorgeous, 70s with low humidity. Today will be warmer but right now I’m wearing my medium-weight robe, unusual for this time of year.

Yesterday I felt good about what I got done at mom’s house. I trimmed a LOT off the schefflera so it is below the roof line. Then I painted both window sills in front and they look good. Also painted a cabinet in the garage which may need a second coat. Using a long-handled pole with brush attached (rigged up by mom and kept in the garage) I cleaned the rim on the roofline. It would be better to clean it by hand with the tall ladder but this will do for now.

Last week I asked the neighbor’s wife if the neighbor would blow off my roof. I didn’t feel bad asking because it is their tree that makes the mess and he is a retired fireman who gets on roofs no problem. Plus he is a good guy. He did it over the weekend so yesterday I picked up all the branches and sticks that came down.

Today I’m planning to cut the back yard. I have to say planning because I’m never sure if I’ll be able to start the mower.

I heard back from a friend I haven’t seen in almost a year and we are going to have lunch next week. Also I’m going to text my good friend who lives near me and see if she’s free for coffee this week.

Have a good day.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:54 am

Jackie, I am so relieved by your news! I would have made the same decision as far as the hysterectomy goes. Not making light of the hysterectomy at all, but once done....the worry is gone.

Heartbreaking about the Notre Dame. I think the world will pull together on this and help fund the rebuild. What a sad sight.

My grandies are off on Spring break...DH and I are taking them shopping.
Fun!

Have a good day everyone.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 am

I have stripped my bed, the sheets are in the dryer. I gathered the garbage/trash and put it out. I still need to shred. I may or may not get that done before they pick up the trash.

I have the bottom sheet on my bed. I will finish making the bed later.

We are expecting strong weather just north of my area Wednesday night into Thursday. I can already feel the coming storms.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:41 am

Good morning all

Nice chilly morning. I slept okay. Dogs didn't have to go out until 8. I didn't start getting up until 9

I wear a light long sleeved top and jeans in the morning and by the afternoon change to something lighter.

I did walk yesterday and that helps with the sleeping.

Started sorting my "winter" clothes and removing them from my main drawers. Will continue that today. I used to love bulky sweaters, now i stick to soft thin knit fabrics and layer. Take up less space.

Getting my summer uniform ready - light weight bermuda shorts and gray tops! I can't quit the uniform dressing - lol

Have a great day