Craft Ideas?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Craft Ideas?

Post by randamax » Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Okay, let me pick your brains a little bit. I have an abundance of some craft supplies and am looking for ideas on creative ways to use them. Other than the obvious, what ideas can you some up with to use the following:

Lots and lots and lots of decorated paper cupcake liners

Packets of fat quarters

Ribbon yarn

I can't wait to hear your ideas!

mbrudnic

Re: Craft Ideas?

Post by mbrudnic » Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 am

Sorry, I ended donating a lot of my craft supplies to a non-profit that seeks to keep them out of the landfills and assists a local community center.

But Maybe a Flower wreath using the cupcake liners.

I'd make quilts out of the fat quarters, or find a patter for bowl cozies. Basically a pot holder for bowls that can go into the Microwave. My co-workers still rave about the test ones I gave them for Christmas 2017.

No ideas for ribbon yearn, but this is the exact reason I like Pinterest.

I can't wait to hear what you have come up with. I miss crafting.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 am

I agree with the bowl cozies. I made a set of 8 for our oldest in 2016 and he loves them. Made a second set for us last year and we use them all the time.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am

Randa I remembered something I read about using the fat quarters.

A lady on one of the blogs I read was using fabric to cover egg shaped Styrofoam for her Easter egg tree. I think you could probably expand on this idea and do the same with the round Styrofoam balls to make Christmas ornaments as well.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 am

Treat the cupcakes ees as if they are tissue paper...paper flowers. Wreaths. Stacked tree craft with them flat.

Ribbon yarn make a scarf with two strands the other being the same color or close

Fqs...bowl cozies, bowl storage covers, snack bags, there are a million platters for fat quarter totes on the net. Cocktail picnic napkins. Put Terry cloth on one side and make a travel roll. Fold over cosmetic bag with no zippers.

rinty

Post by rinty » Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm

randamax wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 pm
Okay, let me pick your brains a little bit. I have an abundance of some craft supplies and am looking for ideas on creative ways to use them. Other than the obvious, what ideas can you some up with to use the following:

Lots and lots and lots of decorated paper cupcake liners

Packets of fat quarters

Ribbon yarn

I can't wait to hear your ideas!
Start your own little craft club ? I'm serious ! I did craft sessions at my job as a care assistant in an Old Folks Home and they loved them and now I run sessions for underpriviledged children.

Its very satisfying and is making a SMALL dent in 30 years worth of craft crap buying. I tend to haul out " stuff" and go on PINTEREST and see what we could make with it ! ;) I'm a very basic sewer but I have seen something on pinterest you could do with the fat quarters which was these tiny sleeping bags for small felt toys. Little contrasting pillows, a little lace edging..........GORGEOUS. Also I saw a fabric fold out dolls house but you had to buy the pattern, it was FABULOUS though.

No ideas re the cupcakeliners apart from the very obvious............baking ? Over here we often have national charity baking days. Macmillan cancer charity do one annually. Is that a thing in the US ? Could you then offer the liners if your old office were willing to do one ?