Daily Check In July 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 am

Good morning off to get coffee. Back in a moment or three.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:15 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Is it just me or do any of you get your days confused? For some reason upon waking up this morning I thought that today was Wednesday.... Must be losing my mind, or developing a brain fog of some sort.

Anyhow, today should be a relatively easy laid back kind of day. Or will be after I get the household tasks completed. That should be relatively easy to complete this morning. I did end up leaving the mopping of the floors for today, but other tasks will only take 5 or 10 minutes each to complete (well not mending and ironing ;) ).

Frugally speaking this will be another no spend day. The sky is quite leaden and the forecast is calling for rain. None is falling as of yet, but should be pretty soon. There is a bit of a rain smell to the air.

If it stays relatively cool out I just may try and dehydrate some mint for my winter tea consumption. Can't really do mint jelly as of yet, I need to look out some small jars and get them washed and ready to go first. I think I just might need to buy apple juice as well. If I don't dehydrate, I will more than likely get a bit of baking accomplished and perhaps make a pie or two. I see the rhubarb needs picking again and if I can fight off the vampires that inhabit our garden I will do a bit of picking.

I have a book to finish before tomorrow's due date at the library. I hope to get that completed today as well. I will curl up on the recliner for a few hours and get it done. It's an Anne Cleaves mystery, one of the Shetland series and I am loving it. Must see if there are any more in the series that I have not read as of yet (watched the series on TV and loved that as well).

Hubby and I decided on a new office desk and on Thursday I will head out to order and pay for it. One item struck off my list. Well actually two as the desk we are using now will be moved into the sewing/craft room and I will finally have all my sewing and crafting items out and ready to use at the drop of a pin. It will be great to start to see the room come together the way I have envisioned it for years.

Supper tonight is going to be leftover roast pork made into a bit of a stir fry. I already have the rice for the meal, and this will clear a bit out of the crisper before I head out for groceries this week.

Today I am grateful that the rain we got a couple of nights ago filled our rain barrel. Any more that we get today will run onto the ground surrounding our cherry trees.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 am

Good morning ...

Well, life handed us an unpleasant surprise. DH went off to a baseball thing last night ... called a half hour later ... he'd been in an accident (involved multiple cars).

Anyway, he and the car made it home, so that's something. Need to call the insurance agent today so we can get the process started ...

Otherwise, looks like another hot one out there ... I've got a couple of errands to run after I call the insurance folks. We'll see what I can get done after that ...

Dinner I think will be corn & ham chowder. I'm going to try it with some fresh corn (I overbought a bit when it was on sale).

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:17 am

I stripped and partially remade my bed. My sheets are now in the dryer.

I washed my hair. Because my skin is super sensitive I can’t wear a bandage on my nose. The skin on my nose and my right cheek is very irritated from the adhesive. It was starting to break down.

The knit Yoshi project is slowly coming along. I am now knitting the soles of Yoshi’s feet. Then come the spines and the back shell. I am sure i will have him done in more than enough time now. I need to have him finished by the last week of August to mail him in time.

Next I plan on knitting something totally fun. Then I need to plan my Christmas knitting.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 am

Good morning all

Slept well last night. It was strange to sleep with the windows closed and not hear the traffic. Oh well.

Had to take the pups out at 7 but we were able to sleep in until 930

I've had one cup of coffee and now must decide what to do today.

I am tempted to go get my hair trimmed. A shampoo and style?? But i hate spending the money - lol.

Take care

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 am

Hello all,

Wolfe, sorry about the accident, glad DH is okay. He might be feeling sore in a day or 2.

I have been getting some sleep finally, rough weekend emotionally but better now.

Need to get back on some sort of schedule, I have taco soup assembled and simmering for tonight. It's a start. I soaked dried beans for it over night, trying to use up what is in cupboards, did not have canned beans.
Need to mow at dads house tonight, wanted to do it last night but instead went to DD1 to pick up stuff from weekend party.

Still haven't cleaned the freezers, I open them and just get overwhelmed. It will happen eventually.
Thinking I will start having entire family over for supper once a week, would give me something to look forward too and clear out some of the food. Also need to get back to having "girls night".
Need to do floors and spray some more weeds, off to get started.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty