Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:23 am
A good friend took the same course of action re mastectomy and chemo (though she did not have a total mastectomy and reconstruction). As far as the hair loss, she managed to find lots of lovely wigs that even matched her natural red hair.
I do have access to wigs, but all of the ones I’ve found feel dry & itchy. I’d rather wear hats & scarves.

I’m glad your friend found wigs that worked for her. I know many people like wearing wigs rather than just hats or scarves, but I don't like how they feel against my cheeks & neck.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:01 pm

rinty wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:02 am
Gayle, I think you've made the safest choice but all the side effects, so hard for you. Redoubling prayers and I think you arbeing very, very brave x
Thank you Rinty. I’m trying to feel brave but feel like I’m failing most days. 😐

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:50 pm

I think that perhaps I ought to put my Cancer venting in here, rather than clutter up the daily check-ins.

Do you know? I’ve have several people now suggest to me that I should write a book about my cancer journey, and my process of working through the stages of grief.

For me: an article on the 5 stages of grief & loss.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11 am

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:50 pm
I think that perhaps I ought to put my Cancer venting in here, rather than clutter up the daily check-ins.

Do you know? I’ve have several people now suggest to me that I should write a book about my cancer journey, and my process of working through the stages of grief.

For me: an article on the 5 stages of grief & loss.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/
Gayle it might help you to write a book if you can find the time. Writing down what you are going through helps to vent. Venting is important. When you keep things in they do more harm than good. Also what you are dealing with might help another woman who is going through similar things too. To let her know she is not alone in how she is feeling and dealing with things.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11 am
Gayle it might help you to write a book if you can find the time. Writing down what you are going through helps to vent. Venting is important. When you keep things in they do more harm than good. Also what you are dealing with might help another woman who is going through similar things too. To let her know she is not alone in how she is feeling and dealing with things.
Thanks

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Though it may not be appropriate, I am going to post or, rather move, the Wenchy RS Woman’s diatribe from last Monday here, then I will follow it with the post that I made on Facebook on Monday, which a few of you have seen. Then I am going to post my latest email, that will go out tonight or tomorrow,. I have written, or rather spoken, As the chemo has generated horrible pain in my joints and muscles, affecting every part of my body, but most especially my hands and wrists which makes it difficult to type anything, And also keeps me from knitting much. ☹️☹️