Daily Check In September 7th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In September 7th

Post by rinty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:30 am

Morning !

Just placemarking.

rinty

Re: Daily Check In September 7th

Post by rinty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:51 am

Hey,

Normally I post AFTER getting stuff done , but the weeks TO DO list has just filled me with horror ;) so I'm posting now.

Two loads washing done and hung to dry. we had a lovely breakfast of Yellow Sticker speacialty bread (10p !!!) scrambled eggs and our own fried toms. real toms have such a different flavour to bought ones. We were saying lets try not to buy them when we finally run out of our own fresh ones.

did a sweep thru the house as I've been working picking up "stuff" DH doesn't notice, bless him. MInestrone soup will lunch ( leftovers ) and pulled out a Yellow Sticker whole chcken from the freezer.

But the TO DO list !

One week back and its all pressure ! My new role entails two things. I work as a teaching assistant in the mornings which requires one set of prep as planned by the teacher. The afternoon role is COMPLETELY different and I work across the school. That requires personal prep as I have to deliver it myself :shock:

And just for kicks 'n giggles I am a dinner lady which means they ain't much free time to do ny of that prep. I always go in an hour early ( and i'm not alone )

I also do afterschool club 4 x weekly and then I do Craft Club.

Going back I came away with a chore list.....a lot of which is where can I find ??? For instance ALL the wool has disappeared since July. ANNOYED :x Well, theres no budget and I need that wool. Ditto the glue and cardstock appears to have been squirrled away. I went to the source and said I need access to a small budget.

Anyway, at least I now know which students I am dealing with a nd can actually plan around them. Even down to Craft Club .

Well, roll on half term :shock:

DH has left to sort out one set of grands, I am doing another set but not til afternoon/overnight.

DH hoovered so that's done.

Last night we watched Question Time , now that was a mistake.

Septemebrs birthdays done. Took a bouquet to random elderly relative ( bless ) and gave other cold hard cash. the bank balance looks SO good I am buying a slew of Christmas gifts now. The nephews etc.

Life is good. Now must get on ! Hope Jackie is enjoying her mini break !

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 am

rinty wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:51 am
Hey,

Normally I post AFTER getting stuff done , but the weeks TO DO list has just filled me with horror ;) so I'm posting now.

Two loads washing done and hung to dry. we had a lovely breakfast of Yellow Sticker speacialty bread (10p !!!) scrambled eggs and our own fried toms. real toms have such a different flavour to bought ones. We were saying lets try not to buy them when we finally run out of our own fresh ones.

did a sweep thru the house as I've been working picking up "stuff" DH doesn't notice, bless him. MInestrone soup will lunch ( leftovers ) and pulled out a Yellow Sticker whole chcken from the freezer.

But the TO DO list !

One week back and its all pressure ! My new role entails two things. I work as a teaching assistant in the mornings which requires one set of prep as planned by the teacher. The afternoon role is COMPLETELY different and I work across the school. That requires personal prep as I have to deliver it myself :shock:

And just for kicks 'n giggles I am a dinner lady which means they ain't much free time to do ny of that prep. I always go in an hour early ( and i'm not alone )

Going back I came away with a chore list.....a lot of which is where can I find ??? For instance ALL the wool has disappeared since July. ANNOYED :x Well, theres no budget and I need that wool. Ditto the glue and cardstock appears to have been squirrled away. I went to the source and said I need access to a small budget.

Anyway, at least I now know which students I am dealing with a nd can actually plan around them. Even down to Craft Club .

DH has left to sort out one set of grands, I am doing another set but not til afternoon/overnight.

Septemebrs birthdays done. Took a bouquet to random elderly relative ( bless ) and gave other cold hard cash. the bank balance looks SO good I am buying a slew of Christmas gifts now. The nephews etc.

After you finish your To Do list, Rinty, you can settle down this evening and watch Strictly. Am I right that it starts tonight?

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:51 am

Hello friends,

Up early again to help make lunches. Technically this is Dh’s day off, but he is off to haul oat/alfalfa hay to his boss’s ranch for winter feed, said boss will pay him cash for the work. Dh took ds15 & ds16 with him for extra help.

Puppies have been out & fed already but are whining again, probably need to wee again.

Dh plans to be gone until nightfall so I must organize the remaining troops & do some good about the place. Probably clean girls’ room and make that GF bread I haven't made previously.

I want to knit a bunch too, and rest a bit—supposed to rain so will be easier too.

Subbing yesterday went along famously, only 1 boy tried to show off how tough he is—I wasn't impressed and he signed the behavior log.

Not sure on dinner.

Today I’m thankful for the lovely bouquet of flowers brought me yesterday by a dear friend, and for another half day of Subbing for next Friday, this one in the morning.

frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:05 am

Had a great time at the fair yesterday. Looking forward to another day of it.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:09 am

rinty wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:51 am
Hey,

But the TO DO list !

I remember my Mom grumbling once about someone having come through the school supply room & taken the best stuff for crafting & such, even though it was to have been divided evenly between the classes. So she’d send home a little note asking kids to bring anything that could be used to make art projects with—she got back dry pasta, cereal, paint, cotton balls, tree bark, dry leaves, even rocks & fish tank gravel. Mom was quite ingenious about using everything in some kind of craft project during the school year.

Regarding your grands, (or your own ward) do they do an annual Primary program each fall?