Daily Check In October 8, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 8, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 am

Starting us off while I grab a coffee.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 8, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:50 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is warmer here this morning than it has been in over a month. To think that I shifted clothing around.... Oh well according to the weather pundits, it is the last really nice day we will have for awhile. Hubby has said he will help me empty all my planters at some point today, and I will get the pots and deck picked up. It might be a good idea to put away the garden décor as well. Supposedly by tomorrow we will be getting some white stuff falling from the sky.

I made a start on moving things out of the room the youngest uses when he comes to visit, so perhaps at some point today I can continue with that. It's just finding room for all those mementos and various other knick knacks that is the problem. I also have to clean off the table (yep, even have glass items sitting on a corner of that). In reality my house kind of resembles a mini hoarder right now.

Frugally speaking, once again I will be taking advantage of the nice weather to walk outside, cleaning the back yard will give me even more exercise. The laundry hanging downstairs should be dry enough to fold this morning. Mending will be done (a hem on a pair of jeans needs taking up.. short little legs here) and of course meals will be made here at home (though for some odd reason I really do not feel like cooking lately).

It is hair cut time, I have kept putting it off for the longest time and now am waking up mornings looking more like Albert Einstein than I care to. I was very surprised when I phoned yesterday to actually get an appointment this week, little lone right the next day. My straggling locks will now be well tamed for another few months. Perhaps I should be like a friend and book another appointment at the end of this one, just to make sure I get it done before Christmas.

So with my regular household tasks, cleaning the yard, and doing some moving I still hope to work on some projects. I have just a bit to do on the last embroidered tea towel, am almost finished the back of DH's knit sweater, and once I iron the quilt top and backing can get one of the quilts sandwiched (at some point today). I am wishing for a few more hours in the day.

Supper this evening is going to be hot beef sandwiches, fries and salad. Easy to make and Hubby will be very happy as he loves hot beef sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for the potato bin finished and filled. Hubby is even talking about making something for the onions now, without a gentle nudge from me.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:28 am

I am practicing getting up early

I signed up for a 5k walk this weekend. Have to be there by 7!

Today is the real first day of cool weather. You can feel it. Yesterday was okay

Will do laundry today and maybe a few other things.

Most of the time i am hear reading about what is going on in our country. Crazy times!

Have a great day all.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:25 am

Good morning all.

A bit on the humid side as rain has been forecast from yesterday right through Friday. I don't feel as happy when the days are "gray" and there's no sun expected.

Have already finished the chores for the day and now sitting here trying to determine what exactly it is that I want to do next. I've got some scanning to do and my credit card bill I can enter into my money program. I could also pull out my accordion.

Previously mentioned the local hospital along with the Alzheimer's Assn. is starting a brain health program to meet once a month. It's focus will be on learning and doing the things that can help slow the onset of dementia since there really is no cure. It will involve diet, exercise and working the brain through a series of word and number exercises.

Only 2 of us in my coloring session yesterday; think one of the local church groups went on an Oktoberfest trip. No class next week due to Columbus day; can't imagine why they even celebrate that day any more. Then I have my Breakfast Club meeting on Thursday and then my round of lab and doctor/dentist appointments coming up but at least they'll al be finished in one shot.

Right now I'm planning on chicken for dinner along with mixed veggies and a small potato.

Well I guess that's it for now. Have a wonderful day everyone.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

I got caught up on my dishes yesterday. I do need to empty the dish drainer and dishwasher.

My friend across the hall and I are planning on going to Walmart this morning.

My trash and garbage is gathered and out.

I knit another Gnome last night.

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 am

Good morning everyone. We have a lovely Fall day ahead of us with temps in the low 70's and sun. A perfect day to do things outside but I have to take Teddi for a grooming appointment and run errands while he is having his bath. Luckily everything is all in the same area.

Spent a long time at my nurse practitioners office yesterday. A lot of things going on. I need to see a gastroenterologist for my tummy problems. Also my B-12 is seriously low again and I need to go for weekly B-12 shots. I did not know it but low B-12 can contribute to insomnia. So hopefully things will improve with the shots. Also due to all of my pain secondary to severe arthritis in all of my joints she wanted to send me to physical therapy and/or a pain clinic. I opted out of that for now due to traveling to get there and back plus the actual treatment would wear me down. I cannot take anti-inflammatory drugs so I received a systemic cortisone shot. Hopefully that will help. There are other things going on but will not bore you with them. On the upside I am doing very well managing my diabetes. I have been a diabetic since 2000 and with diet and oral medicines doing well. Despite the current problems I think I am doing ok for a 74, almost 75 y/o, little old lady.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama