Daily Check In November 7, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 7, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:40 am

Just getting us started. Be back soon, coffee in hand.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In November 7, 2019

Post by mbrudnic » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:44 am

I took too long typing. :)

Good Morning friends,

Well, I did it, I trashed my ankle. I walked close to 17,000 steps. Trying to decide how much to do today. I'd like to go to the Basilica, the Holocaust museum and the White House History gift shop. I woudl have liked to visit the Smithsonian's American History museum, but I got to see the highlights several years ago.

The thing about the ankle is that it is my "good ankle" So frustrating. I did not being tape (I thought about it) or an ankle brace to help. I believe it is the tendon. The podiatrist told me with the other side that my flat foot allows my ankle to rotate too much and that over time the tendon becomes "shredded" I had hoped that supportive shoes and arch supports would prevent that. Or it could be that with working from home I am spending way too much time barefoot.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 am

mbrudnic wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:44 am

Good Morning friends,

Well, I did it, I trashed my ankle. I walked close to 17,000 steps. Trying to decide how much to do today. I'd like to go to the Basilica, the Holocaust museum and the White House History gift shop. I woudl have liked to visit the Smithsonian's American History museum, but I got to see the highlights several years ago.

The thing about the ankle is that it is my "good ankle" So frustrating. I did not being tape (I thought about it) or an ankle brace to help. I believe it is the tendon. The podiatrist told me with the other side that my flat foot allows my ankle to rotate too much and that over time the tendon becomes "shredded" I had hoped that supportive shoes and arch supports would prevent that. Or it could be that with working from home I am spending way too much time barefoot.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Probably spending too much time barefoot.

Also you didn't spend too long posting. When I started my post no one was visiting the forum except a couple of newbies and the bots.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:03 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I did manage to get my 11k steps in yesterday, congratulations Maggie on getting all those steps in. Sorry about the ankle going. I hope it improves as the day progresses.

Today, other than coffee out at a friends (I was invited weeks ago) and supper out with the bible study leaders group, it will be a stay at home day. I plan on doing some more decluttering, extra cleaning, and finish sewing the dress (a good 1 1/2 hours to go). I hopefully will then get some new patterns cut and into project bags ready to sew. Those new projects will consist of Hubby's pj bottoms, the BBQ apron for him and an apron for me, some oven mitts and perhaps another easy to sew knit top in a lovely purple. Slowly making my way through the stack of fabric in the sewing/craft room.

I have one more library book to read and then I will need to get a few more. Finishing a bit early, probably because I had read a few before and did not realize that until I read the first few pages.

Frugally speaking the same old, same old will be happening around the old homestead. I am finding that while I do the old frugal habits, the newer ones I have tried to introduce just do not stick in my repertoire with any great regularity. I will need to concentrate more on making them new frugal habits.

Supper today is going to be out for me and at home for Hubby. I plan on making him something to eat before I head out. He has promised to do up the dishes. I feel kind of strange going out to dinner without him. I will probably make him the meal I had planned for Saturday and make today's meal on that day.

Today I am grateful that the temperature outside is going to be a bit warmer today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 am

mbrudnic wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:44 am

Good Morning friends,

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie so sorry to hear you have injured your ankle. I hope you will be ok for the drive for the trip home.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am

Good morning. It is suppose to snow this morning but so far nothing.

Today is my first day without coffee. I am drinking English Breakfast tea with unsweetened almond milk. It is better than I thought it would be. I have to use a milk of some kind because just straight hot tea causes my throat to close due to my ALS. This afternoon I am to see my orthopedic physician's assistant for the pain in my right hip/thigh and knee. I hope she can find out what is going on since the pain is to a severe stage during certain movements. My aide is off today due to a mandatory meeting for work. So it will be interesting with me driving myself and then having to navigate the parking lot with the snow and rain. Hopefully things will lighten up by the time of my appointment.
Not much planned today other than taking my time to get ready for my appointment.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama