It Was a "Windfall Fall"

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

It Was a "Windfall Fall"

Post by HappyDaze » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

This fall has been good to me financially.

Got a "sick leave payout" of all my sick time hours at work that were above 300 - so got paid for 80-some extra hours.

Got a check for the equity on my mortgage

Got a property tax rebate check from the state -

"Incentive pay" for extra responsibilities taken on at work this year

Some of this went right into savings/emergency fund. Some went to pay off car repairs that went on credit because I didn't have much of an emergency fund. I have some expenses coming up - painting rooms of my house, getting some stray cats "fixed" so we don't have more stray cats.

I am not used to having this much of a financial cushion. It might not seem like it to some but I feel absolutely wealthy!!

Letting it sink in while I figure out how best to utilize these extra resources.

Dgflorida

Re: It Was a "Windfall Fall"

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Wonderful new resources are just wonderful. Congrats.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Wonderful new resources are just wonderful. Congrats.
Don't get me wrong, DG, I am grateful every day and for every thing - but sometimes it does seem like "bad luck rules" -- so this is blessing after blessing and I'm so thankful.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm

I understand. Sometimes, it feels like life is leaking money every moment. Then good things come along. And when it does, it feels so good and tastes so sweet. Congrats on your good luck.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:13 pm

HappyDaze wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Got a "sick leave payout" of all my sick time hours at work that were above 300 - so got paid for 80-some extra hours.

Some of this went right into savings/emergency fund. Some went to pay off car repairs that went on credit because I didn't have much of an emergency fund. I have some expenses coming up - painting rooms of my house, getting some stray cats "fixed" so we don't have more stray cats.

I am not used to having this much of a financial cushion. It might not seem like it to some but I feel absolutely wealthy!!

Letting it sink in while I figure out how best to utilize these extra resources.
Couldn't hae happened to a more deserving person.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:47 pm

HappyDaze wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

I am so happy for you! You work so hard all the time, and you are so kind, and you take on responsibility for animals that are not yours....and so much more! You TOTALLY deserve this....and may it continue!