All About Air

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

All About Air

Post by HappyDaze »

So last weekend I asked my brother if he would come with me to put air in my tires. He said NO - but I was welcome to come to his house and he would check the pressure and use is air compressor to air them up.

He told me the local gas stations charge $1.50 for 3 minutes of air and I should always just let him know if I "need something blown up" (LOL).

Just sort of sharing - I am grateful for my brother's kindness and perplexed that it cost money to use air. Didn't that used to be a free thing back in the day?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Dgflorida

Re: All About Air

Post by Dgflorida »

Yes, it use to be free.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, it does cost to use air at gas stations now. My son and I both have little tire pumps that plug into the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power port in a car. They can both measure the pressure in the tire and pump it up. They aren't expensive and I figure one pays for itself in a couple of years.

I consider that pump and a pair of good jumper cables to be must-have equipment to carry in the car.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

It is still free at most gas stations in Canada.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Still free where I am.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Free air most places that I've seen here, in the middle of Illinois.
ohjodi