2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: 2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:15 pm
Thank you Janet for the well wishes. I am still justifying those DVDs as the cheapest option, may get some resale $$ from them, etc. And yes, they helped me through a long and quite miserable weekend - ugh.

Back to work - and on the mend. I did purchase a roll of packing tape at Dollar Tree today (it's allowed - it's a "consumable") so I could ship cookies to my daughter. Money well spent!

I hope you and Teddi are feeling well my friend.
We are doing ok for our age. He is 9 and I am horror of horrors' 75 Yikes! ..lol.

What a good Mom shipping cookies to your DD. I remember when my Mom did that and it was so nice to receive some love from the oven from her.
Janet Alliesmama

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 pm
We are doing ok for our age. He is 9 and I am horror of horrors' 75 Yikes! ..lol.

What a good Mom shipping cookies to your DD. I remember when my Mom did that and it was so nice to receive some love from the oven from her.
It's been a long time since I've sent her cookies - she was due for some. She plans to share with her boyfriend and her roommate so I sent a lot of them.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

UPDATE: Still nothing new has been purchased that wasn't declared "allowable" before I started. I am putting those Dollar Tree DVDs into the "entertainment" category and spending for entertainment is allowable.

So far this hasn't been so hard. When the curling iron died I thought "oh boy, this is going to be a long year" - but it's going well.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

You always amaze me on how well you manage your challenges.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on your success.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:48 pm
You always amaze me on how well you manage your challenges.
Well the year is young yet. :-) When I set myself on this challenge, I did it with the "it's okay if I don't succeed" frame of mind - but so far so good.