2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Post by HappyDaze »

Well obviously current events in the world are making this less of a challenge and more of a "given".

rinty

Post by rinty »

Hah ! I thought that when I looked at your thread title !

I could do with new undies as have lost over 20lbs but heck, I'll manage !

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

rinty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:59 am
Hah ! I thought that when I looked at your thread title !

I could do with new undies as have lost over 20lbs but heck, I'll manage !
Isn't it amazing what we can manage with - and without?

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Never imagined the success of this challenge would be handed to me in a bag with a bright red bow on it. UGH.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Alas, my Easter expenses this year are ZERO. I did use two postage stamps, one to send an Easter card to my parents and another to send a birthday card to my daughter-in-law, whose birthday falls on Easter this year.

Oh, and included a check in her birthday card (figuring my check is cleaner than cash) so that was money spent -- but I didn't buy anything new, not even the cards - they were "freebie" cards that I had on hand!

My gift budget for the year so far is at $40 spent - son, daughter's boyfriend and daughter-in-law have had their birthdays (or will soon).

Just to recap, the idea for this challenge wasn't to not spend anything - it was to buy nothing new that isn't consumable.

My mom's birthday and Mother's Day are in May - I know she wants bird seed because she dearly loves to feed the birds and it isn't in their budget - so that will be done.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 am
Alas, my Easter expenses this year are ZERO. I did use two postage stamps, one to send an Easter card to my parents and another to send a birthday card to my daughter-in-law, whose birthday falls on Easter this year.

Oh, and included a check in her birthday card (figuring my check is cleaner than cash) so that was money spent -- but I didn't buy anything new, not even the cards - they were "freebie" cards that I had on hand!

My gift budget for the year so far is at $40 spent - son, daughter's boyfriend and daughter-in-law have had their birthdays (or will soon).

Just to recap, the idea for this challenge wasn't to not spend anything - it was to buy nothing new that isn't consumable.

My mom's birthday and Mother's Day are in May - I know she wants bird seed because she dearly loves to feed the birds and it isn't in their budget - so that will be done.

Sheila congrats on a job well done.
Janet Alliesmama