Daily Check In February 9, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 9, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Off to get coffee. Just starting us off, but I will be back in a moment or three.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 9, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Back coffee in hand and feeling a bit more awake. I am feeling a bit chilled though. I wonder if I am coming down with something.

Really just the usual happening here once again. Mass, cooking, cleaning, working on projects, doing some decluttering, organizing things a bit better, and making my list of chores and fun activities for next week. Also making updates on all my calendars of the not so much fun meetings (drat, those are a pain).

The not so much fun meetings are really getting on my nerves. Yesterday, I had 6 emails from a lady on Pastoral Council wanting to know about all the ministries I do to put in her report. Really??? And what pray tell am I supposed to put in my own report, or should I even bother to put in a report if this is going to be an occurring thing? It is almost like people want to seem busier than they really are or are actually doing more.

Now our priest is saying that we have to find our own replacement on council once again. Not going to happen in my case. In fact we have an empty position on council and I doubt very much the person involved even thought of getting someone to take her place.

On the frugal front, the only money spent will be the church envelope. Since we have a bit of a speaker today and a trailer for the Lenten study Mass is going to be longer, I have a feeling we will just want to come home and unwind.

As stated previously I will be making my chore, and fun activity lists for the week, probably tweaking the menu a little bit, and working on my frugal projects. I really need to get a bit of work done in the sewing/craft room as well. There is some yarn to wind, strips of fabric to put away, and a floor that needs picking up.

Once all that is completed I can work on my knitting. I did get the front of the baby dress done and started the back last night. I am hopeful of finishing this particular gift/project by the end of the week if all goes well.

Supper tonight will as usual be a roast of some sort. I find that there are always leftovers of this type of meal, and I can fashion new meals out of those leftovers (though I always seem to make the same things from said leftovers). That being said I will be making a roast beef along with roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots. There is leftover salad from last night to have with the meal as well.

Today the silence of the morning brings me joy.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning Jackie and everyone --

Another morning where I woke up at 3:55am. Wide awake...so I'm up. I don't do naps so it's going to be a long day. Jackie, I am also chilled this morning and can't get warm. I have three layers on. Of course, I'm not really doing anything to warm myself up. DH is a very light sleeper so I don't do much of anything until he is up.

Well, the saga of the bathroom tile continues. The installer finally finished the floor and it looks great. However, when he was putting the baseboard on in the water closet, he knocked a huge hole in the wall right above the baseboard. [sigh] So I've put in calls to Lowe's and Legacy Flooring (Lowe's contracts out their flooring work to Legacy nationwide). Someone is going to come out here and repair our bathroom wall, that's for damn sure. Of course, then we will have to repaint, since we don't have any of the paint with the existing color to use as a touch up. This entire project has been pretty much surreal.....how can a small bathroom have SO many issues?

I believe I will stay in today. There should be no spending. I've been binge watching Gilmore Girls and I'll probably get in a few episodes. It's so good! I never watched it when it was on.

Supper will be chicken wings with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. And sweet potato fries.
Patty

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Today is the promised warm up day. And the day I must move things leaning against or near the exterior walls of the house away from the house for the pest control people tomorrow. In addition, blow the leaves away from the house perimeter. After the big wind storm on Friday, there are a lot of leaves. It is also gym day.

Yesterday, I went to dance class. The first class was samba which I have danced in the past. The second class was bachata. I am familiar with the basic, but not much beyond that. It is the trendy dance right now. The third class that I didn't stay for was night club 2 step which is also a trendy dance right now. Two hours was enough for my knee. They did a lot of spins in the bachata and my knee didn't like it. Well, the price is right and hopefully, it will stay easy. Hopefully, the knee will continue to behave.

Early tomorrow the yard guy comes to trim the ground cover and weed wack around the lake. In years past, I did it, but up and down the slope is a nope with this knee at this time. The pest control people are also expected, but they are not certain when.

Today, I am grateful that my knee survived dance class. Have a good day all.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

So sorry to hear about the bathroom mess up,chocolite. I sure hope things work out.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Up early considering I didn’t get to bed until midnight.

The concert last night was a lot of fun. It was a Pops concert of mostly James Bond music. There was a singer for most of the songs. She grew up here, moved to NYC and now tours with the Trans Siberian Orchestra. She also was at one point a soloist with the NY City Ballet. Talk about multitalented! Her name is Chloe Lowery so if you ever go to see Trans Siberian, look for her. She had five sparkly costume changes. Seemed thrilled to be performing back here and said the last time she was on our stage she was 7 years old. Ticket was free (from friend) but parking was $10 and I avoided buying a $3 bottle of water. (Called ahead to see if they allowed people to bring in unopened water. Nope. Our ballpark does allow people to bring their own unopened water.)

Neighbor down my street who hosted the ladies brunch last year is hosting a ladies “sweet treats” get together on Saturday. I’ll probably make brownies but will look in the recipe folder to see if you all have posted an easy dessert I could make. If so, I’ll do a test run ahead of time.

Probably I’ll wait until tomorrow to go to mom’s house. The leaves are all falling. I decided this year to try to wait until most are on the ground before I rake, at least in most areas.

I love watching the Oscars and I’m happy they are on ABC, the one network I get with my antenna. This year I’ve seen quite a few of the films.

Chocolite, I LOVE Gilmore Girls, too. Such a smart show.

Have a good day.