Blogs

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Blogs

Post by chocolite »

Jackie/Aaron: if this is not allowed, just let me know.

Having been AWOL from the Forum for so long (and having gotten a new computer in 2018), I have misplaced my list of blogs that you fine people write. Jackie and Erin, I have yours - but I know there are several others that I used to read and enjoy. Could you guys post a link to your personal blogs? I'd love to catch up on your musings. Alas...I have a long neglected and forgotten blog that I would like to resurrect at some point, and who knows...I might be inspired by some of you to pick up those reins as well.

Also, if there are any frugal blogs that you enjoy and find very helpful, would you post link to those as well? I am always up for learning new frugal strategies.

Thanks!
Patty

alliesmama4

Re: Blogs

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 am
Jackie/Aaron: if this is not allowed, just let me know.

Having been AWOL from the Forum for so long (and having gotten a new computer in 2018), I have misplaced my list of blogs that you fine people write. Jackie and Erin, I have yours - but I know there are several others that I used to read and enjoy. Could you guys post a link to your personal blogs? I'd love to catch up on your musings. Alas...I have a long neglected and forgotten blog that I would like to resurrect at some point, and who knows...I might be inspired by some of you to pick up those reins as well.

Also, if there are any frugal blogs that you enjoy and find very helpful, would you post link to those as well? I am always up for learning new frugal strategies.

Thanks!
I have my current blog on the Frugal Forum under Challenges.
Janet Alliesmama

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

And Janet's blog is a great inspiration. Great read.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Since my blog address is listed under my signature, take a look at the sidebar on the page. I have Quilter's blog, Gayles blog, and some of the other older posters blogs as well. Many are no longer active like DW, and even Randa no longer posts on her blog. Still there are others there that share glimpses into their lives and the methods of frugality on the other side of the pond.

I still have your blog listed as well. I do hope you start posting in your blog once again, I really enjoyed reading it.

The frugal journals that are under challenges are a nice read, but I would not really consider them blogs as such.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I read Jackie’s blog and do use the sidebar on her blog to find other ones. I enjoy Quilter’s blog (listed there) because she is thrifty but not at all extreme and like me she enjoys social activities.

Another blog on Jackie’s sidebar that I’ve been reading a long time is “The Cottage at the End of the Lane,” a UK blogger who I refer to as Sue in Suffolk. She lives in a rural area, is very active and a do-it-yourselver. She had a devastating loss of her husband at ago 60 from cancer a few years ago but she has picked herself up in the most amazing way. There are a lot of blog’s listed and linked (including Jackie’s) on Sue’s sidebar.

If you are into YouTube at all, I really love Diane in Denmark. She is on hiatus right now but there are lots of old videos. She started as a FlyLady mentor and still encourages the FlyLady routines. I love that she is super, super positive and upbeat. She doesn’t focus on frugality except to the extent that she buys very little. She participates in clothes swaps and uses the library. My type of gal. Diane talks about “hygge time” what she is reading and watching. She is Scottish but married to a Dane and has two children and lives in Copenhagen. (Can you tell I really like her??)

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie has a long list of blogs on her sidebar. i would aso suggest the Frugal Girl especially when it come to food waste cause she generallyas regular articles on using it up and what she spent and what she ate. the Non Consumer Advocate is great for anyone considering semi no spend or not buying new.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com