Daily Check In February 11, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 11, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning,

Just starting us off. Back ASAP as I desperately need caffeine.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 11, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is supposed to be a lovely day today, with sunshine and higher temperatures once again. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is true.

Frugally speaking the same things will be going on here as is usual. I have found no little new frugal tip in awhile now, and most (if not all) of the frugal hints given on financial sites have been done by both Hubby and I at one time or another. I guess I could try some of the more outlandish ones, but really they do seem way out there.

I have never made my own cleaners, so this will be something new. I am still trying things out to see if I can find something as good as CLR for hard water deposits. I have also never made my own potions or lotions so making those will be an experience. I did make soap once years ago, but I am not sure I want to repeat that experience.

Enough with the downer attitude (I do so wish to find something new that suits our lifestyle though).

Meals will be made with what is on hand. I plan on using up the package of beef from the freezer. I want to try something new, so will spend some time looking up a new recipe or two online and in my cookbooks.

I will not be spending any cash today, though I will be driving to a meeting for Parish Council this evening. I do hope it moves quicker than others have over the course of my time on said council.

I have socks to darn, mind you these have already been darned a few times so they might be hitting the rag bag. A collar to turn, and some buttons to sew on. My mending basket (really a box) is beside my chair.

I am having trouble getting one book from the library read, so at some point today I plan on spending at least and hour reading said book. That should see it done.

Decluttering will continue as I see it. I have some papers that could be shredded, and some income tax things to add to the file.

Today the cup of hot coffee in my hands brings me great joy (and pain relief).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning from foggy Florida,

It is set to be a lovely day in Florida. 80F and sunny. Today, the pest people come to spray and hubs and I are off to the gym. After that, I am scheduled to walk with my neighbor. Whatever time is left, I will sweep up leaves with my leaf sweeper. Hubs will have chili with a side of broccoli and I will have a burger with broccoli. I got broccoli and Brussel sprouts on a good deal at the produce stand. I walked to it yesterday. I love vegetables.

The yard guy came yesterday and worked on the area near the lake. I can't negotiate the slope to the lake anymore with my bad knee, so I paid him for a once a year clean up. He will be back on Wednesday to finish the job and put everything out at the curb for pickup.

I got the paperwork to the UPS to move some savings to a better yielding account. It has been on my mind to do this for awhile. It is a burden lifted.

Yesterday, I took down the winter storm windows and blankets from most of the windows and opened some windows for fresh 80F air.

Hubs and I got our mail in closed primary ballots. Expect to get that done today and returned. Easy choice for us. It appears that our attorney may be running for judge. I hope she can continue as a private attorney. We lost our last attorney when he ran and won a seat in Congress. He cannot practice private law as a member of Congress apparently.

My neighbor with the spinal implant had to cut her vacation short when the wires fell off of one of the implants. I may visit her later this week although another neighbor told me she is not in pain. She is probably mad though.

Today, I am grateful for the lovely "do something" weather. Have a good da all.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Haven't been on the computer as often and that's a good thing. Since I'm on all the time when I'm home, the break is good.

My sister is doing OK, although it hasn't really hit her as yet as she had people calling her ten times a day and then I got down here. She will be fine . . . everyone is . . . it does eventually all work out.

Well, just wanted to hop on and say hello.

Have a great day all.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Not much to report, but DS2 has a concert tonight at 730. It is 90 minute drive. So it will be a late night for me. But he's worth it. I am going to make some cookies to take to him for Valentine's day.

So dinner will probably be on the road. But everything else from home.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:00 am
Good Morning,

Not much to report, but DS2 has a concert tonight at 730. It is 90 minute drive. So it will be a late night for me. But he's worth it. I am going to make some cookies to take to him for Valentine's day.

So dinner will probably be on the road. But everything else from home.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Enjoy the concert.