Daily check-in February 12, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check-in February 12, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are expecting snow this morning changing to rain and then changing back to snow this evening. I have a pulmonary DR's appointment at 3:30 PM and really need to go but it is a 60 mile round trip. I am hoping the snow holds off until I go there and come home. Nothing much else planned for the rest of the day. I will be driving solo since the time it is schedule is so late. My aide leaves at noon.

The good news is that I am sleeping much better most nights.

Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama

ohjodi

Re: Daily check-in February 12, 2020

Post by ohjodi »

I have a mouse.
ohjodi

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ohjodi wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:35 am
I have a mouse.
huh?

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Janet and all,

Good luck at the doctor's and safe trip to and from. Sorry you have a mouse ohjodi.

I was awaken at 4 am by the sound of rain. Chances of rain were 0% according to the weather people. Some things were sitting outside because there was no chance of rain. I got some of them under cover and I got wet. I went back to bed, but just felt damp and uncomfortable.

I got a call from my medical insurance group subsidiary called housecalls. They like to come to your house and give you an exam. I am sure it is an opportunity to bill medicare. It must be profitable since they offer a $15 gift card for participating. I have done it a couple of times, but declined it the last few years. I find some of their tests useless and invasive. One in particular annoys me. They say 3 words at the beginning and you are expected to recall them at the end of the session. This is to test your mental competency. While I have passed every time, I have been told that I am a visual learner and I agree with that assessment. I disagree with their test. I have refused it, but then I wonder if that can be used to suggest I failed it. These days so many things get twisted that it is hard to know, so better to decline the entire home visit.

The yard man was here Monday. He did not have the correct tools to complete the job. He is scheduled to return today. The pest control people came yesterday to spray the house perimeter which is why some things were sitting in the yard last night.

Yesterday hubs and I went to the gym and then the grocery store. I spoke with the gym manager about scheduling a time for hubs to try the treadmill with one of their trainers as a spotter. In a couple of weeks since he is on his pain medication "holiday" and not in the best condition. Like most people, she didn't understand the limitations imposed by post polio. So I shared some pertinent information. She suggested that he could use "weed" instead and could get a Florida "green" card. I really showed I was dumb because I thought she was talking about some cooking herbs and he is a US citizen and doesn't need a green card. She finally called it by its correct name. I laughed at myself. My neighbor with spinal issues has a medical marijuana card, but it is expensive and not covered by medicare as is his current medication is.

Old dance partner sent me an email about attending a dance workshop in Louisville. I was a bit puzzled. After several email exchanges, he said he wants to talk to me over the phone today. So I will call him as requested. Just last week, he told me that he didn't want me to go to the workshop with him because he wanted to meet new ladies. Now he wants his "old ball and chain" along? I suspect he wants to talk about something else in his life. With his family, there is always some over the top drama. He is and will always be my friend, but my life is better 1000 miles away from that.

The plan today was to work on the fallen leaves, but now they are wet leaves and less friendly to collection. Oversee the yard guy as well. He can be rough on my trees.

Tonight we will have canned chicken I bought for the last hurricane season. It is due to expire. I have some nice chicken broth from an early meal of chicken thighs and a new brand of riced cauliflower for hubs to try. Should be a tasty meal with a side of broccoli. Love those vegetables.

Today, I am grateful for my good health. Have a good day all.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Wow, the temperature dropped rapidly. We are now on our way to being considered downright chilly, and I hear the wind in the roof vent turning it steadily. I might just be developing a headache very soon.

Unlike Janet, I did not sleep so well last night. I seemed to toss and turn most of the night and am actually feeling tired once again.

Pastoral Council seemed to take forever last night. Really it was just under 2 hours, but since we were lectured (couldn't really follow) by the priest for about half that time I think the meeting was only about an hour. I will never understand how or why this priest seems to think that we are a sitting target at these meetings to be browbeaten or lectured.

Very short list today which is a good thing as it is so cold out I won't be traveling any where (Hubby may head out for his trip of the week though), and I doubt very much I will be walking in the cold unless I really have to. What does this mean?

It means the list will more than likely be completed early, I can work on fun things, look up ways to make cleaners, and get a good look at sales fliers before I head out shopping on the morrow. I love days that I get to putz around the house doing pretty much what I please. Pretty sure some decluttering is going to be happening, as well as some extra cleaning. Perhaps I can even fit in a bit of a nap this afternoon (something that I really have a hard time doing).

According to my menu plan supper tonight is supposed to be a clean out the fridge night. Instead I think we will eat the leftovers for lunches the remainder of the week, and I will pull one of the ready meals out of the freezer. I do need those gone as some have been in there for awhile. I think tonight is the perfect night for stew along with either slices of homemade bread, or dumplings.

A day to just be me brings me great joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Also we got snow last night, not lots, but enough that it covered the ice that formed from the melt and made it even icier.

Got to love winter on the Canadian prairies.