Daily check in February 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in February 14, 2020

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:38 am
Good morning fellow frugalites,
T
Hubby and I will be heading out shopping for groceries and such for DS this morning. He needs a few things from the Abilities Council and so we will pick them up as well.

DS started to get a pain level increase when we were there last night and so took a pain pill. The nurse giggled and said he had graduated to the chewables instead of injections.

I am still working on him to get both he and the cat to come to our place for a week or two. The no weight on the leg and no bending past 90 degrees are going to be a bugger for him when it comes to feeding the cat and to getting around. As he says, he is very thankful he has the ability to order from Amazon and to even order his groceries and get them delivered. Still, more and more I am thinking of going home getting some necessary things done there, and then coming back up here to the big city and helping him out a just until I can see he is looking after himself alright. I wonder if he will go for that....perhaps if I mention trying to get the cat out if the fire alarm goes off?

Yesterday was very cold, today is already much warmer. It has in fact warmed up enough that it could snow today and tomorrow. Not the nicest stuff to be driving around the city or on the highways of our province in.

Seeing DS get better each day brings me joy, and hearing the interaction between him and his brother during phone calls also brings me joy. Will update all later if he actually gets out today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie,
Tell your DS that all of his "Aunts" here on the forum think he should go home with you ,or have you stay with him.....:)

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We got DS home and had supper (ordered in) and have got him nicely set up. I will be going home tomorrow to get some necessary chores and payments out of the way. Then on Monday I will come back up for 4 or 5 days. Hopefully by then DS will be able to make the 2 hour trip home. He will stay with us until he needs to see the doctor and we will reevaluate what will happen next.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Update

We got DS home and had supper (ordered in) and have got him nicely set up. I will be going home tomorrow to get some necessary chores and payments out of the way. Then on Monday I will come back up for 4 or 5 days. Hopefully by then DS will be able to make the 2 hour trip home. He will stay with us until he needs to see the doctor and we will reevaluate what will happen next.
Glad to hear he is going to come home to stay with you. Have a safe journey home and back.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello Friends,

I hope you all have have a lovely Valentine's Day. It was about 37F and sunny here.

Dh has gone out (to the big city) to cheer on ds17 at the State Wrestling Championships. He lost his first match, but went right into the consolation tournament so he is running for 3rd place. I have been watching via trackwrestling.com .

There was no school today and my children have been lazy... or relaxing.

I returned several bottles to Rit dye to Walmart, they were for synthetic fabrics, and this Walmart doesn't seem to have the all purpose dye that I need. Guess I will check their website Or amazon... or try tie dye products first, as my friend gave me some on Tuesday night.

I also did some grocery shopping with ds15. I run into a church friend who owns a restaurant; I asked him what he does with the older metal pans--he throws them away, so I asked if he'd sell me one. The gist is that I went there (it's across the parking lot from Smiths) and he gave me one of the big pans and refused to let me buy it.

I need to go check my deer steaks, they are backstrap... the tenderest spot on the animal. They plus leftover stew is dinner.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Update

Oh good! I have been thinking and praying about him today.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:03 pm
Jackie,
Tell your DS that all of his "Aunts" here on the forum think he should go home with you ,or have you stay with him.....:)
Agreed.