Daily Check In March 26th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In March 26th

Post by ChristmasTrees »

rinty wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 am
Hi guys, we fell asleep very early so woke up tossing and turning at around 3 am. The mind works overtime at 3am !!!! :?

:shock: I am fretting most re DS, I don't even want to know if his ( many ) issues make him vulnerable. My mind is like hamster in a cage re him ( what if ? what if ? what if ? )

Rigid meal planning on a visable list is at least helping.

Today I am dropping " stuff " on DDs doorstep. She loves cauliflower cheese so I made up a dish for her last night. Also goodies type food for DGS ( and his Easter egg, lest the lockdown gets more fierce ) And some toys from here, so he has a change. Hard to be an only child stuck at home . At least he has a trampoline ( like yr DGD , Christmastrees :) I miss my grandbabies..............

Struck by the blogger Ilonas post today, which was a selection of tweets.....one was from a waste company saying their Food Waste collection ( I've mentioned we do a specific one here, in a small bin that is collected weekly as opposed to normal waste which is collected fortnightly ) has gone UP by a third :shock: :shock:

UP!!???

Apparently they think ( co sits even WRAPPED ) that this is the dumping of the food they bought in a panic and have never even needed. Honestly, how ridiculous. My food waste bin had peelings and egg shells, and we'd made veg stock out of those peeling first !

Its warm and sunny, perfect for the garden so that is where I shall be all day. The only major cooking today is another rice pudding to USE UP the milk, everything else is simple , not that rice pudding is HARD ;)

Best to keep off news til this evening daily briefing for myself ( LWolfT I sympathise with your DH ) and same with the internet.

Cross stitching Christmas cards, which is enjoyable and you need to concentrate to do , so that's VERY good. Though I did think yesterday it might be nice to cross stitch some easter motifs, I had a pattern book of a US crafter from the 80s or 90s , if I can find it in my humongous selection of cross stitch/craft mags/booklets.

Anyway, love to all, thinking especially of LIn, she must be in bits x

LittleMiss, you couldn't sleep either ? (((hugs)))

Stay safe x
Rinty, besides handing food back and forth with my kids...at a safe distance...we meet up outdoors on a warm enough day and take a walk "together"....at a safe distance.
I know how much you worry about Tom..I wish there was a solution for that...but...he is your baby.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:16 am
I too woke up at 3:00 AM. Was doing my daily thing on my computer when it went out. I live in a rural area and can only use a satellite dish. Yesterday a company that I deal with tried to send me an e-mail 6 times and it did not show up for hours. I assume it is due to an overload due to so many people using it more.

I was up, dressed, and out of the house by 5:30 AM to take my trash to my neighbors. Then decided to go for a ride in to town to check on the local grocery stores. They have early morning hours from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM for seniors and disabled people. They have two stores in my area. The parking lot at one of them was packed and the other still had too many people to come in contact with. So I will continue to use up what I have at home and be careful with how I use it.

I came home and was cooking sausage and decided I needed to go to the restroom. I just happened to see something out of the corner of my eye. It was a coyote!!. A big one! It was coming up out of the woods behind my house. It then went to the apple tree and stood around as if looking for something and sniffing. I was horrified. I have only once seen a coyote this close to my house and it was the dead of winter and at night time. I was able to see it due to a full moon and snow on the ground. We had had a really rough winter that year. The scary thing is that I allow Teddi to go out during the day on his own and just keep an occasional eye on him to make sure he is not on the road or close to the road.. The area where I saw the coyote is Teddi's usual hanging out spot. So from now on he will have to go out on a leash with me. He can no longer run free. I have always gone out with him at night but not on a leash but from now on he is going to be under close supervision. Feel sorry for him since the weather is going to be nice today and he would have enjoyed being outside so much on his own sniffing and exploring. If I had not gone to the bathroom I would not have be aware of the danger until it was maybe too late.

Jackie hope Shania is going to be ok. However do what is necessary for her sake. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet, we have SO many coyotes here. You can never let your dogs out unsupervised ....they would be lunch!

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Back again,

Hi Bridget!!!! love seeing you post,

Well since my last update....I got the pond cleaned!!! The rain cleared off just long enough for me to suit up and get it done. Sweet heaven i must have looked like sasquatch with all of my rain paraphernalia, scarf under a sock hat, muck boots, and finally gloves that i garden in. It's days like this that I am glad the fiance isn't here to see what the real me looks like LOL.

All of my clothes are now in the washer, I am bathed and dressed in clean jammies! I have a mug of tea and life is good.

I think the rest of my housework will be pushed to tomorrow...more rain expected so I will have to stay in...I supposed I will be dusting tomorrow :(

If temps go up again, I could work in the garage or as i refer to it the dumpster....so messy.

well that's my day so far.....

JCKitty

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon!
I just finished performing surgery on one of my pedestal fans and got it working again. I simply had to take the housing apart and clean out the massive amount of dust bunnies that tend to accumulate. We have such an awful dust problem here. DS said it wasn't running so I decided to check it out. There was no indication that anything burned out and all the wires appeared to be attached where they were supposed to be so I figured it just needed a deep cleaning. I have done this on out other fans before. At almost $50.00 a pop for one of these pedestals I didn't want to give up on it.

Next thing that needs repair is my fireplace screen that won'r happen until tomorrow since I am using the fireplace today. I also need to figure out how to fix the front door. It either gets stuck and takes a body slam to open or it doesn't latch depending on how I have adjusted the screws.

Slowly but surely things are getting done around here. I hope to be all caught up on everything by summer when we get called back to work.

Doing fine here. Plenty of everything so no need to go to the store.

Bev

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

BevMoore wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Good afternoon!
I just finished performing surgery on one of my pedestal fans and got it working again. I simply had to take the housing apart and clean out the massive amount of dust bunnies that tend to accumulate. We have such an awful dust problem here. DS said it wasn't running so I decided to check it out. There was no indication that anything burned out and all the wires appeared to be attached where they were supposed to be so I figured it just needed a deep cleaning. I have done this on out other fans before. At almost $50.00 a pop for one of these pedestals I didn't want to give up on it.

Next thing that needs repair is my fireplace screen that won'r happen until tomorrow since I am using the fireplace today. I also need to figure out how to fix the front door. It either gets stuck and takes a body slam to open or it doesn't latch depending on how I have adjusted the screws.

Slowly but surely things are getting done around here. I hope to be all caught up on everything by summer when we get called back to work.

Doing fine here. Plenty of everything so no need to go to the store.

Bev
I would do the same with ours. But I would wash them outside. Okay - sounds weird and you might not want to do it

But - I would open it up and hose it down

Just make sure it is really really dry before you fire it up - :mrgreen:

One time one of our main air traffic navigation buildings had a massive roof leak during a huge storm. The equipment was full of water. The team just set it outside in the sun, cleaned it up well and it fired up.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. The procedure went well and I am back from the hospital. Dh made me vegetarian pizza for my late lunch and I’ve just been relaxing. He told me to ask him to do anything and doesn’t want me to over do. The staff and radiology physician were so kind and caring. Now it will just be a waiting game.

I decided not to watch the news either and have my iPad so plan on some YouTube videos or Apple TV/Books.

I am so relieved dd1 got her belongings moved yesterday as Denver is now under lockdown. She is going to leave the unpacking for 48 hours to allow everything to “degerm”.

Jackie I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Shania. Sending you some hugs 🤗.

Take very special care everyone,
Creative
Glad to hear it all went well. Rest!