Daily Check In March 26th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In March 26th

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. The procedure went well and I am back from the hospital. Dh made me vegetarian pizza for my late lunch and I’ve just been relaxing. He told me to ask him to do anything and doesn’t want me to over do. The staff and radiology physician were so kind and caring. Now it will just be a waiting game.

I decided not to watch the news either and have my iPad so plan on some YouTube videos or Apple TV/Books.

I am so relieved dd1 got her belongings moved yesterday as Denver is now under lockdown. She is going to leave the unpacking for 48 hours to allow everything to “degerm”.

Jackie I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Shania. Sending you some hugs 🤗.

Take very special care everyone,
Creative
Creative glad to hear you are home and taking it easy.. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome.. Gentle ((hug)) Janet
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

AuntBridget wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Let's see if I remember how to do this......

Greetings from Iowa !

Kind of a late check in......like 2 years late :)

Hope everyone is doing well.
We are all fine here. DS and I are out of school until at least April 12th. He of course is happy to not have to go. I am trying my best to use the time wisely.
Hubby is still going to work. He is still in the ER at the VA hospital.

Going to go do some reading of the form, and try to see what all I've missed.
As I said I'm trying to use my time wisely, so will do my best to visit regularly while I have the time.
Aunt Bridget.. good to see you posting.. Hope we see you more often..
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BevMoore wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Good afternoon!
I just finished performing surgery on one of my pedestal fans and got it working again. I simply had to take the housing apart and clean out the massive amount of dust bunnies that tend to accumulate. We have such an awful dust problem here. DS said it wasn't running so I decided to check it out. There was no indication that anything burned out and all the wires appeared to be attached where they were supposed to be so I figured it just needed a deep cleaning. I have done this on out other fans before. At almost $50.00 a pop for one of these pedestals I didn't want to give up on it.

Next thing that needs repair is my fireplace screen that won'r happen until tomorrow since I am using the fireplace today. I also need to figure out how to fix the front door. It either gets stuck and takes a body slam to open or it doesn't latch depending on how I have adjusted the screws.

Slowly but surely things are getting done around here. I hope to be all caught up on everything by summer when we get called back to work.

Doing fine here. Plenty of everything so no need to go to the store.

Bev
Bev great frugal move fixing your fan. You go girl.
Janet Alliesmama

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

So, I got up at 6AM this morning , got BB walked, and off i went to Costco for senior day 8am

I got to Costco a little after 7 am , there was already a line, some people had been in the line since 6AM

The line was very orderly, some small talk. By the time the kine was moving there were 3 legs, so to speak, the line was wrapping around .

I was one of the lucky ones to get TP and paper towels, They were limiting PT TP, butter, water eggs to one per membership. If someone tried to get more they were stopped at the check out.

Also, (I don't know if it's true or not) the clerk told me that if someone didn't look old enough at check out they wouldn't sell to them ! WAIT a moment, that must mean that I look old enough LOL

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:02 pm
So, I got up at 6AM this morning , got BB walked, and off i went to Costco for senior day 8am

I got to Costco a little after 7 am , there was already a line, some people had been in the line since 6AM

The line was very orderly, some small talk. By the time the line was moving there were 3 legs, so to speak, the line was wrapping around .

I was one of the lucky ones to get TP and paper towels, They were limiting PT TP, butter, water eggs to one per membership. If someone tried to get more they were stopped at the check out.

Also, (I don't know if it's true or not) the clerk told me that if someone didn't look old enough at check out they wouldn't sell to them ! WAIT a moment, that must mean that I look old enough LOL

DH and I don't need the TP so I dropped the TP off at my MIL's for my SIL, she is the one going out finding supplies for the family. She appreciated it . It's little enough to do for her, I threw it on the porch and hoped that no one stole it.

SIL called she got it :-)

IC

rinty

Post by rinty »

AuntBridget wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Let's see if I remember how to do this......

Greetings from Iowa !

Kind of a late check in......like 2 years late :)

Hope everyone is doing well.
We are all fine here. DS and I are out of school until at least April 12th. He of course is happy to not have to go. I am trying my best to use the time wisely.
Hubby is still going to work. He is still in the ER at the VA hospital.

Going to go do some reading of the form, and try to see what all I've missed.
As I said I'm trying to use my time wisely, so will do my best to visit regularly while I have the time.
OMgosh Aunt Bridget, how lovely to hear from you, I could cry ! You are one of the ones I've been thinking about . Hope you are okay and that this has not got DS anxiety levels too high x You are one of lifes managers so we'd welcome advice from you right now. Glad DH is in work. ALL the best , Rinty x