FAQ on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

FAQ on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill.

Post by floridacatlover »

The NYT (nytimes.com) has an excellent Q&A on the stimulus package going through Congress. The story title is what I’ve listed as the title of this thread. I would link it but can’t figure out a way without using my own account. NYT is making its coronavirus stories free to anyone.

One thing I didn’t see in this story but have read elsewhere is that the financial payment ($1200 for most adults) could take up to four months if the IRS does not have your bank account info. If you requested direct deposit of an IRS refund or did an electronic payment for what you owed (my situation this year) you will get the money in about three weeks.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Re: FAQ on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill.

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:24 pm The NYT (nytimes.com) has an excellent Q&A on the stimulus package going through Congress. The story title is what I’ve listed as the title of this thread. I would link it but can’t figure out a way without using my own account. NYT is making its coronavirus stories free to anyone.

One thing I didn’t see in this story but have read elsewhere is that the financial payment ($1200 per most adults) could take up to four months if the IRS foes not have your bank account info. If you requested direct deposit of an IRS refund or did an electronic payment for what you owed (my situation this year) you will get the money in about three weeks.
thanks - will go check it out.

Washington Post is also allowing access to their virus news stories