Daily check in May 22, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in May 22, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in May 22, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

It is another lovely day in Central Florida. It will peak in the mid 90's which will slow me down a bit. I mowed grass yesterday, so the back yard looks tidy. I also got the last roll of ground beef out of the freezer and there, wedged between the jugs of frozen water, was a small package of chicken breasts. I keep the bottom of the chest freezer filled with gallons of frozen water in case of power outages like with a hurricane. They would keep the freezer cold for a week or more as well as provide good, cold water. It's a country thing. I also found a mystery bag of meat? So it will be a weekend of discovery. LOL

Today, I will continue clearing the front garden beds of weeds and dead tomato vines. I also want to tackle a couple of problem areas in the yard. See what the heat allows me to do. There is a chance of "heat" rain as well. Could be an interesting day. It would be nice if the chicken breasts thaw in time for dinner.

I chatted with old dance partner yesterday. I got the photos of the "spot" they biopsied for skin cancer. We discussed that and he vented about stuff. I hope venting improves his attitude. It is pretty grumpy. Snowbird called. She needed hubs to figure out her phone. When she couldn't answer basic questions about it, she brought it over dressed for "Covid". Wow.

Today, I am grateful for my generally good health. Have a good day everyone.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning my hermit miser friends

did not sleep well. Had a headache and it would not go away. Took an aspirin. I have not had a headache in quite a while. It was weird. Wonder what brought it on. How do people cope that have migraines. I am a wuss.

We are hitting the trail later this morning. Walking partner had to drop off her pets at the vet.

Should be a nice day. TGIF - not that it matters. One day just blends into the next.

Lets see what I will accomplish today!

Have a great one

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Super nice day expected here today . . . will be getting outside again.

Did my grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks. Glad that's over with.

Yesterday seemed like Saturday to me instead of Thursday. How I miss my neighbors not going to work and not being able to go out to do something on a particular day. It just seems like the week has turned into one VERY LONG weekend.

Today will be a same old, same old but as spontaneous a day as I can make it.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti.

Today is Don't Fry Friday which is held on the Friday before Memorial Day. It occurs just as the Memorial Day holiday begins and the start of summer. It is a reminder that the sun is at its most intense during this time and while outdoors you need to protect yourself from overexposure to UVA and UVB rays, a primary cause of skin cancer.

A little bit of sunshine is a good source of natural Vitamin D, but too much exposure can seriously damage your skin. Remember to wear sun glasses also. Skin cancer can develop on the eyelids.

So on with the sunscreen, avoid going out between 10A and 4P to when the sun is not as intense and enjoy!

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. It is another dreary overcast day here. There is a chance or rain and storms every day though the week-end up to and through Tuesday.. Although it is suppose to warm up in to the 70's and 80's. I am so over the overcast and rainy days. I use to love them.

Not much going on here although I am really down to getting the last of my sewing/craft room in shape. I have my brothers old desk in the dinning area of my Great Room and have one of my sewing machines installed on it. I plan on using sliders to move it in to the craft room. Love those sliders makes moving things so easy. My hope is that I can start to do a lot of sewing and crafting. I have all of the fabric I need and ideas just need to get my inspiration and discipline myself in to the projects.

Have a good and frugal day and stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Today is the official last day of school here, whoopee do!! The only difference between today and March 13, is that I don't have to hassle my kids to do school work for hours each day.

It is 50°F outside with a predicted high of 76°F today. Tomorrow & Sunday, the temps drop back into low 60’s before rising again to the 80’s for the foreseeable future.

My body feels weak & shaky from whatever hit me yesterday—that stomach pain is gone, thankfully.

I slept fitfully, even with a sleep aid and a cool room. I didn't nap yesterday though I wished I had. I did wake with moderate muscle/bone pain (thank you chemo), which reminds me that I didn't medicate yesterday for it.

I’m not sending kids to piano today, in case whatever plagued me is contagious—no signs of such amongst my children though.

If I venture downstairs today, I’ll sew a bit (have not sewn since Monday’s sewing marathon) on a few of the masks, and hopefully get my clothes washing-desperately need clean pants, socks & underwear (I use special detergent from norwex that doesn't irritate my skin & my kids won't use it if they wash clothes for me).

I Really Need a walk today, furtherest I went yesterday was 50 feet from front of house to my mailbox. If I feel up to it.

Not sure on dinner tonight, I’d really like a soup or stew, or something else that is easy to put together then left alone to cook slowly. Maybe an elk or venison roast.

I’m grateful the sun is shining today, and I hope to go sit in it for awhile today.