An idea for anyone who needs a job

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

An idea for anyone who needs a job

Post by frugalmom »

I have been helping my mom with her property management (and no, I do not get paid-my siblings are owners with her but they have high powered jobs and too busy to help much) as she is getting older. It is a headache esp with this one particular tenant who has something come up every month. Anyway finally this guy moved (he ran me ragged and how I went into pneumonia(I was sick before that but that day got worse) cleaning his trash at 5 am in the morning bc he said he could not open the garage door! I went there and the door opened completely fine so he did not need to accumulate three week's of trash which I had to throw out and clean up! Grrr...he was a helpless person-light did not work bc he did not change out the lightbulb!

Anyway, so finally he moved out and I have to look for someone to clean the place up. A deep clean out here is costing 1100-1300.00! LIke YIKES! I told mom to let me clean it and I will do it for much cheaper-it is an empty place basically. So anyways, I was thinking there may be lots of people moving out of rentals or maybe even evictions in some areas so this would be a good opportunity to advertised your services to property management companies or just give flyers, or ad on Craigslist or TaskRabbit,etc to do cleaning of apartments or housing! If anyone needs a job!? Out here I am sure they charge crazy prices bc of the area,but still think you could make decent money! So just letting you know an idea just in case you need a temporary job for now!

clemencia2us

Re: An idea for anyone who needs a job

Post by clemencia2us »

I have thought of this.

But then I wonder - how would you know you were doing it right? What are the tricks to learn to make it go faster and easier?

Maybe sign on as a member of a team and go solo from there?

I am amazed at how many folks around here have someone clean their home.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

I would figure to clean every surface sparkling clean. Any mold to use bleach to clean it. Basically, what you would do for your own house like how you like it I am thinking!? BTW, does anyone usually wash walls? I spot clean walls but never washed walls up and down and saw an Amish tool that washes walls! So does anyone wash walls down? Have I been doing it wrong after all these years!?

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

frugalmom wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 pm
I would figure to clean every surface sparkling clean. Any mold to use bleach to clean it. Basically, what you would do for your own house like how you like it I am thinking!? BTW, does anyone usually wash walls? I spot clean walls but never washed walls up and down and saw an Amish tool that washes walls! So does anyone wash walls down? Have I been doing it wrong after all these years!?
Since this old house had old paneling - yes I would wash them.

but I haven't done that in years. I used to be such a clean freak. I would scrub the toilet and shower daily!

Polish the kitchen floor by hand daily also.

Now I am just a slacker

But I wonder about the standards because a friend and her friend were talking about the person that cleaned their homes - not really happy with it and the products she used

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

When I moved out of military housing, I did hire someone to clean it.

They knew what the inspectors would look for - so they concentrated on that

stove, fridge, windows, bathrooms -

I guess it depends on what you want clean?

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:17 pm
Since this old house had old paneling - yes I would wash them.

but I haven't done that in years. I used to be such a clean freak. I would scrub the toilet and shower daily!

Polish the kitchen floor by hand daily also.

Now I am just a slacker

But I wonder about the standards because a friend and her friend were talking about the person that cleaned their homes - not really happy with it and the products she used
Scrub the shower daily? I am getting to that point bc the kids use MY shower but my DH and I are the ones that clean it. I have asked them now that whoever takes a shower has to clean it when they use it at the same time. I figure the more people I can get on board to actually scrub it and clean it somehow it will stay clean-I hope! My back went out after my gardening venture planting vegetables and cutting my topiary, etc and now I have been suffering from a locked-up back for the past two days or so-ugh! Maybe DH is right just pay the higher cost of vegetables than going through all this, BUT I liked gardening and watching it grow and harvesting and was my back up plan just in case there are shortages or the SHTF economy wise.

So rn cannot clean the shower. I don't scrub the toilet daily but we do it often, but that is a good idea. Actually for us probably best to do it in the morning and in the evening every day!!! Thanks for the tip!

Lol, I cannot believe you are a slacker-lol! You always seem to be a person who works hard at everything which I admire! I want to be like you-a a hard worker! If I did not have this or that hurt I would be doing more even like I used to-actually even when my bad back acts up, I still work bc laying in bed hurts me even more! So I rather work so I kind of forget about it in a way-well, cannot completely bc it hurts as I move but I try to zone it out!