Good morning Friday June 26

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Good morning Friday June 26

Post by ownedbydogs »

Few minutes past midnight and I am wide awake. Husband needed me and of course all 4 dogs decided they wanted out. Got about 2 hr sleep. Hope to sleep later, before the sun rises. He has a vet tele conference at 9:30 to see if he qualifies for their hospice program. They will ask him questions that he probably can’t answer, so Jim will have to intervene for him. I don’t understand why people can’t realize that someone who needs hospice and has dementia, doesn’t understand what they want. oh well, everything will go the way the Lord wants it to. Just wish he didn’t have to test us so much.

clemencia2us

Re: Good morning Friday June 26

Post by clemencia2us »

ownedbydogs wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 am
Few minutes past midnight and I am wide awake. Husband needed me and of course all 4 dogs decided they wanted out. Got about 2 hr sleep. Hope to sleep later, before the sun rises. He has a vet tele conference at 9:30 to see if he qualifies for their hospice program. They will ask him questions that he probably can’t answer, so Jim will have to intervene for him. I don’t understand why people can’t realize that someone who needs hospice and has dementia, doesn’t understand what they want. oh well, everything will go the way the Lord wants it to. Just wish he didn’t have to test us so much.
Hope you get some sleep. and all goes well today.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Did not sleep well at all. So when my alarm went off, I was relieved. Lets just get this day started.

Had some really weird dreams. About having ultra short hair. Not going to happen.

Probably because my older female siblings keep telling me to cut it. They have had the short haircut for years. I've never had short hair growing up or even in the military. They can't see how i can stand it. I don't understand why they think it bothers me - :mrgreen: . We have strange conversations about hair. Our grandma always had long hair but kept it braided. Wonder if they got after her?

After reading some more things on our town page about the mask wearing, I am ready to rumble! Not really,

Have a great day

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ownedbydogs wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 am
I hope you got some sleep my friend. Thinking of you - keep us posted.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning owned and all,

Hope you are asleep now owned. Sad that getting hospice is being difficult. Hope things get easier. In my thoughts and prayers.

Another hot day ahead here in Central Florida. We did get a bit of a storm late yesterday. A lot of wind and some rain, a brief cool down. It was after I planted all the new bromeliads the neighbor gave me, so it is all good. I got some mowing done before it rained as well. All and all, a productive day.

I called old dance partner in Texas to check on him. He is becoming a bitter person. I think even his family is avoiding him now. He is angry with people, especially those who are not self isolating like him. Neighbors are having parties and people are going out to social gatherings. He blames them all for the current increase in cases. He has gotten more bitter and angry every week. I recall a recent reflection on the lockdown. "The lockdown has turned fear into a virtue. Those who are afraid believe they are better people than those who are not. And they will seek to justify their fear because it is their virtue." Of course, it is morally right to be angry, even hate, those who have no "virtue". He can't see what it has done to him. He is being virtuous. He is even happy that churches are being vandalized since they are places where people gather (when they should be home self isolating). He is talking about drinking alcohol again despite it being bad for his heart. I just urge him to talk to his doctor about it.

Today, I plan to get as much done in the morning and siesta during the afternoon. Dinner will be chicken in some form. Hubs has a prescription to pick up and needs more cheese. A couple of other errands depending on things. I am glad I am a happy person.

I raised the house temperature one degree and hubs says he is ok with it. The old ac ran less often which is a good thing. Heat index yesterday was 110F. Today will be hotter, they predict. Even with water, the plants were droopy. Still the Cubanella and Poblano peppers are producing and the Titonia and vincas are blooming. And the butterflies are everywhere. At least 8 different species. Life is good.

Today, I am grateful for the rain. Have a good day all.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

You know what - there is nothing wrong with being afraid.

I was put in my place by the COD the other day. He wears a mask whenever he leaves the house.

I asked him if he was afraid. And he said Darn right I am!

Didn't spend almost two years in Vietnam and get shot up twice, two Purple Hears, bronze stars etc, to come home alive and then end up dead from some darn virus that could have been stopped. But no, those that didn't go to war because of some made up condition, want to seem manly. Who is the real man??

So I understand.