Daily check in June 27, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in June 27, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in June 27, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Getting ready to hit the trail. Unfortunately another night of little sleep, but I feel okay. I will probably have to take a nap today. Or fall asleep here in my chair.

Maybe today I will sort out the clothes i've been meaning to sort for about a month now.

Talk about procrastinating. I just get caught up in other things and time slips away.

I wonder if mass will continue with all these new cases or go back to video stream only.

We shall see.

Have a great day all

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

It is scheduled to be another hot day in Central Florida. Breaking records for heat everywhere. I heard Tampa broke a record at 99F. Although I also heard it just tied a record at 98F. The Gulf water is very hot at 90F. These temperatures make for bad storms. Certainly, the one that blew through here on Thursday had unexpectedly high winds. A lot of garden friends reported damage. The garden areas that get a lot of sun are sure looking unhappy. May move or shade. Thinking on it.

I bumped the house temperature up to 83F and hubs said he was ok. In the mid afternoon, I bumped it to 84F. He didn't notice. In the evening, I dropped it back to 83F. I noticed how much less the ac came on at 84F. Probably do the same today. Usually, around the first of July, we have adjusted to the heat and feel just fine with an increased house temperature. The new windows showed no evidence of heating. I cooked all meals out on the porch. It was very hot cooking dinner outside.The heat index exceeded 110F here. This level of heat sucks the energy right out of me. Several siestas during the day. We ate inside. It never cooled down during the night. Low was only 77F or so. Expect we will break more records today. Pretty happy with how the house is handling the heat. Money spent on insulation etc feels like a frugal, smart decision. Now to nurse the old ac through the summer.

I put up 12 pints of pepper mix and we have eaten some fresh as well. The Mexican peppers are still producing pretty well. The volunteer Roma tomatoes add color to meals, but not much flavor. I eat some raw out of the garden. Not as good as the spring cherry tomatoes.

Today will likely be a repeat of yesterday. Lights off, hub's fan on, cook outside. 15 minutes outside in the yard and 30 minutes inside in front of the fan. Repeat all day.

I joined another FB group called why didn't I think of that. Like pinterest, most of the ideas look like trash, but now and then, there is one. I love new ideas.

Today, I am grateful for fans. Have a good day all.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Rinty, happy Belated Birthday!

Mackie, I’m exhausted just reading all you accomplished yesterday. Go you! Hope you can have a relaxing day today.

I slept OK but still may take a nap this afternoon. No real plans except watering my entry plants and laundry I didn’t do yesterday. Then it is reading and needlepoint.

Have a good day.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Thanks FCL !

Mackie I agree with FCL, I did laugh at your patience over that wagon ;) Poor little single mom treats you like her mom too, which is soooooo nice. And I love the way you'v emade such a difference to Homeless Buddy x

Allotmenting like loons here. Today eating new potatoes, yellow courgettes in a frittata. Also scoffing a HUGE tub of cherries . I have a job interview !

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well, we finally get our rain today and it will be welcome. Temps a humid mid-70s with scattered showers and thunderstorms. By the way are any of you experiencing that "dust cloud" they were talking about on the news? It is supposed to be traveling from the south as far west as Texas northward to Virgina. I think it originated over Africa?

Decided to try to give myself a break this weekend and avoid AOL and Yahoo, just go to them for my email. I've already pulled out my book on Victorian villages and will begin work on this new segment in my Victorian site. Want to work on some Sudoku puzzles today also and might even pull out 1 or 2 of my grid-style logic problems. Other than that the day will be pot luck.

June 27th is known as Sunglasses Day. Now that summer's here, and the sun closer to us it is blindingly bright. To protect your eyes from its harmful UV rays, you should be wearing sunglasses with UV protection whenever you go outside. Did you know that they can also guard you from getting cataracts or aid in slowing the growth down? UV rays can be even stronger on cloudy days when they produce a glare and in the winter, use them then also.

Have a great day.