Daily check in July 1, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in July 1, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

LogicsHere

Re: Daily check in July 1, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another sticky day, high 70s, high humidity and again threats of thunderstorms in the afternoon. If only we'd get the rain they predict. What we've gotten was barely more than a tenth of an inch.

Went to sleep around 9:00 P.M. and woke up super early this morning, around 4:00A.

Just got through the rest of yesterday's posts. Prayers for your brother, Mackie, and good luck in your new job. And Colonialgirl, I saw "The Art of Racing in the Rain" also; it was a sad but very good movie.

Spent a lot of time reading yesterday and will probably do the same today. I do also enjoy playing cards (Gin Rummy, Spades) on Pogo.com and will probably spend time on these as well. Today being the 1st of the new month the movies on the various channels are updated so I will check those out. TV tonight will be HMM for the Christmas in July programming. I also have to drop a few bills in the mailbox today.

Today has been noted as several special days.

The first is "Canada Day/Dominion Day, the birthday of Canada, declared in 1867 with the confederation of Upper and Lower Canada and some of the Maritime Provinces of Canada came together as the Dominion of Canada. Hope I got that right, Jackie.

Today is a celebration of Canadian nationalism, heritage and pride. Canada became self-governing on July 1st, 1867, with the passage of the British North America Act (BNA Act) in the British Parliament. The holiday was originally known as "Dominion Day". It was changed to Canada Day by the Canadian Parliament on October 27, 1982.

Did you know that the U.S. and Canada share the larges undefended border in the world?

Today has also been designated as International Chicken Wing Day, there's a National Chicken Wing Day celebration later in the month.

Buffalo, NY is the home of the Buffalo Chicken Wing. They were invented at the Anchor Bar and Grill in 1964 by Teressa Bellisimo. She served her creation as a late night snack for her son, Dominic and his college friends. It immediately became wildly popular throughout the U.S. and ultimately world-wide. .

A popular snack and appetizer, they are often served for lunch or dinner.

The original Buffalo Chicken Wing was made by frying wings and then tossing them in a spicy sauce. Blue Cheese is commonly served on the side to "cut" the heat of the sauce. Since their creation there are many variations. Some wings are baked rather than fried and the selection of sauces is limited only by your imagination.

Chicken wings are extremely popular around the world. In the U.S. over 27 billion wings are consumed every year. They are most popular at Superbowl parties. Over 1.25 billion wings consumed during the Superbowl game alone!

Chicken Wing Trivia:

* Prior to the creation of Buffalo Chicken Wings, wings were largely used as soup stock.

* The Anchor Bar in Buffalo sells more than 70 thousand pounds of chicken wings per month.

* Wing sauces commonly come mild, medium or hot..To many people, especially, the citizens of Buffalo .NY, the hotter the sauce, the better.

* The ideal match-up. Some folk can not imagine eating pizza without wings.

Yummy.

Have a wonderful day.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Chicken wing Day. Yum. Thanks for information and great story, Logics.

I love a productive day. Yesterday was a pretty good one. I didn't get everything done, but it felt like a step forward day. I was disappointed in the Bass Pro shop. Like so many retailers these days, lots of empty shelves. Weather was a bit cooler, so more yard work. Some house work as well. And finished off a bag of frozen fish that just wasn't that good. Hubs said it tasted fine.

Today, I hope to visit Home Depot early. I want to get the material to do a DIY rain barrel. See if they have the required fittings. I expect the fittings to cost about $10. The trash can cost $10. This compares to a rain barrel at $70. I hope it is a frugal success. Also need some more rebar. The grocery store ads came out yesterday and there was nothing I wanted. However, we are low on water softener salt and that is a must have.

Today, I hope to finish installing the new window curtain rod. It is a very long window and I can only go up and down on a ladder a limited number of times thanks to my bad knee. Then to hunt for a lightweight set of curtains, multiple panels.

Today, I will also be doing some repair sewing and some cloth recycle. Hope to do some gardening as well.

Today, I am grateful that I have a positive attitude and a garden to keep my happy. Have a good day all.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Getting ready to hit the trail!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:03 am
Good morning all.

Another sticky day, high 70s, high humidity and again threats of thunderstorms in the afternoon. If only we'd get the rain they predict. What we've gotten was barely more than a tenth of an inch.

Went to sleep around 9:00 P.M. and woke up super early this morning, around 4:00A.

Just got through the rest of yesterday's posts. Prayers for your brother, Mackie, and good luck in your new job. And Colonialgirl, I saw "The Art of Racing in the Rain" also; it was a sad but very good movie.

Spent a lot of time reading yesterday and will probably do the same today. I do also enjoy playing cards (Gin Rummy, Spades) on Pogo.com and will probably spend time on these as well. Today being the 1st of the new month the movies on the various channels are updated so I will check those out. TV tonight will be HMM for the Christmas in July programming. I also have to drop a few bills in the mailbox today.

Today has been noted as several special days.

The first is "Canada Day/Dominion Day, the birthday of Canada, declared in 1867 with the confederation of Upper and Lower Canada and some of the Maritime Provinces of Canada came together as the Dominion of Canada. Hope I got that right, Jackie.

Today is a celebration of Canadian nationalism, heritage and pride. Canada became self-governing on July 1st, 1867, with the passage of the British North America Act (BNA Act) in the British Parliament. The holiday was originally known as "Dominion Day". It was changed to Canada Day by the Canadian Parliament on October 27, 1982.

Did you know that the U.S. and Canada share the larges undefended border in the world?

Today has also been designated as International Chicken Wing Day, there's a National Chicken Wing Day celebration later in the month.

Buffalo, NY is the home of the Buffalo Chicken Wing. They were invented at the Anchor Bar and Grill in 1964 by Teressa Bellisimo. She served her creation as a late night snack for her son, Dominic and his college friends. It immediately became wildly popular throughout the U.S. and ultimately world-wide. .

A popular snack and appetizer, they are often served for lunch or dinner.

The original Buffalo Chicken Wing was made by frying wings and then tossing them in a spicy sauce. Blue Cheese is commonly served on the side to "cut" the heat of the sauce. Since their creation there are many variations. Some wings are baked rather than fried and the selection of sauces is limited only by your imagination.

Chicken wings are extremely popular around the world. In the U.S. over 27 billion wings are consumed every year. They are most popular at Superbowl parties. Over 1.25 billion wings consumed during the Superbowl game alone!

Chicken Wing Trivia:

* Prior to the creation of Buffalo Chicken Wings, wings were largely used as soup stock.

* The Anchor Bar in Buffalo sells more than 70 thousand pounds of chicken wings per month.

* Wing sauces commonly come mild, medium or hot..To many people, especially, the citizens of Buffalo .NY, the hotter the sauce, the better.

* The ideal match-up. Some folk can not imagine eating pizza without wings.

Yummy.

Have a wonderful day.
You did awesome Logics.

Yep I did know we have the longest undefended border in the world. I just hope it stays that way.....Mr. Trump had stated at one time he wanted to place the military along the border to keep infected Canadians out. Most of us laughed at that as even at that time there were lots more infections there and we all decided that no sane Canadian would cross the border illegally to enter.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 am
Getting ready to hit the trail!
Enjoy your walk Clem.