- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Measure ingredients into mixing bowl, and stir well to combine.
Store finished cake mix in a quart jar, or another air-tight container.
- Measure out your flour by spooning it into a measuring cup. Just let it pile up into a hill (don’t shake it down). Then, level off the top with a knife. This is the key to a light and fluffy cake. If you scoop the flour out of the bag with the measuring cup, the flour will be more tightly packed in the cup, and you’ll end up with extra flour and a denser cake.
- This mix fits in a quart-size container.
- Use in any recipe that calls for a box of yellow cake mix. Just be sure to add a teaspoon or two of vanilla to the recipe. Store-bought mixes contain powdered vanilla, so you don’t want to miss out on this tasty ingredient.