By Erin Huffstetler | 12/28/2017 | 2 Comments
This post may contain affiliate links. View our disclosure.
Sparkling cider is a New Year’s Eve tradition in my home, but instead of buying it, like I used to, I now make my own. It’s a lot cheaper that way.
Here’s the recipe, if you’d like to make some, too.
Sparkling Cider Recipe
(1) can frozen apple juice concentrate
(1) liter seltzer water (make it in a Soda Stream, or buy a bottle)
What You Do:
Pour the apple juice concentrate into a pitcher.
Then, add the seltzer, and stir to combine. We have a Soda Stream, so I just carbonated a bottle of water to make my own seltzer.
Serve your sparkling cider immediately, or chill it for later. If you store your sparkling cider in a sealed container, it’ll hold its carbonation, just like the store-bought stuff.
Want to make sparkling grape juice or sparkling cranberry juice instead? Just swap in a can of grape or cranberry juice concentrate for the apple. Easy!
Soda Stream sent me my soda maker several years back, but I see them all the time at thrift stores, so they’re easy enough to pick up on the cheap, if you’d like to add one to your kitchen collection.
- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 liter seltzer water (make it yourself in a Soda Stream, or buy a bottle)
- Pour the apple juice concentrate into a pitcher.
- Add the seltzer, and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill for later. Be sure to store your sparkling cider in a sealed container, so it doesn’t lose its carbonation.
- Make sparkling grape or cranberry juice by swapping in a can of grape or cranberry juice concentrate for the apple.