- 1 (3.5 oz.) box instant pudding mix (or 1 cup homemade instant pudding mix)
- 1 quart half and half
*add 2 tsp vanilla extract, if you use my homemade pudding mix
Whisk pudding mix and half and half together in a bowl, until the pudding mix dissolves.
Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and churn, until it freezes to the consistency of soft-serve, about 20 minutes.
This ice cream is best enjoyed right after it’s made. If you put it in the freezer, it’ll freeze too hard to scoop. It makes excellent pudding pops, though. So, if you have leftovers, pour it into a popsicle mold.
- Use this recipe to quickly and easily make butterscotch, pistachio, cheesecake, cookies n creme, lemon, or pumpkin spice ice cream.
- Be sure to use instant pudding mix. Pudding mixes that require cooking won’t dissolve properly.
- Use pudding mix with natural flavorings and coloring to make all-natural ice cream.
- Use sugar-free pudding mix to create no or low-sugar ice cream.